Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hour 17

One mini-challenge for this hour asks us to tell about the first book that we really loved.  That's an easy one for me - Alice in Wonderland.  I received a copy when I was about 8 and as I recall it was a Penguin paperback edition.  I recall reading it in one sitting and being absolutely fascinated with the awkward girl in the strange land dealing with the strange logic of an crazy group of characters.  Somehow or another I think this awkward girl identified with Alice in oh so many ways.

the second mini-challenege asks us to answer the following questions
  1. What steps did you take to ensure you’d be able to read as much as possible today? that was too easy -I got the laundry done on Friday and  I didn't have to work on Sunday - I don't have anyone at home to bother me - the only difficulty was trying to be rested enough to start as our start time was 9pm on Saturday and I had to work that day
  2. Of those steps,  which proved to be the most beneficial to your day? Getting in a two hour nap after work helped but I still fell asleep around 3am
  3. Is there anything you might do differently next time? make sure I don't have to work on the day that the readathon starts because I really needed more sleep.
 Chili is cooking on the stove now!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good choice with Alice in Wonderland. I actually didn't read the full book until I was in my 20s, but I loved the movie as a kid!

Literate Housewife said...

I've never read Alice in Wonderland. But, if you love it, you should consider reading Alice I Have Loved if you haven't already.

Thanks for playing along with my mini challenge as well. Enjoy the rest of your time.