Wednesday, September 19, 2007

E-books and goodbye glasses

now I am the sort of person that actually likes to handle books but I am also slightly geeky and fascinated by e-texts. The problem with most electronic books is that you download the whole thing to either a special reader or your PC and I am not convinced that I can ever get comfortable reading that way. Today I stumbled across an electronic book club at ArcaMax (my favorite website for subscribing to Doonesbury) that e-mails you just a chapter a day of classic works. I had lasik surgery on my right eye last Friday and I am already able to read without my ugly old glasses which I kept slung around my neck courtesy of a lovely little chain (shades of Ruth Harrison)

... but I digress....

So the ArcaMax book club will deliver a chapter a day (about my speed) of whatever books you wish... I've never read Beowulf and with the movie version coming out this Fall, maybe this is a good time to get it off my lifelist of books to read. Subscribing was a piece of cake and now I will be receiving it in bite-sized chunks in my e-mail.

...and all of this is because another of my answers was selected as the Best Answer at Yahoo Answers and I received another 10 points......

...and that was because I decided to hang out at Yahoo again after Slam the Boards Day....

... but I digress....

No comments: