Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Economics stuff

This is what I get for not posting since Thursday - a backlog in my bloglines account of important stuff to read - so today's post is about Economics and has absolutely nothing to do with books but with information

this started by reading The Travelin' Librarian's newest post with the clip of the roller coaster ride through the history of housing prices - if you check his blog look for the funny clip on Will It Blend!
Somehow or another (doncha just love the internets?) from the roller coaster ride I stumbled across the standupeconomist and his principles of economics clip - all of a sudden I find out that
a) Scientists have a sense of humor and sponsor sessions from the Annals of Improbable Research at their annual meeting
and
b) Economics can be funny

Then I wondered whatever happened to the Journal of Irreproducible Results which I fondly remember from my time as a Librarian at the Franklin Institute and lo and behold here it is

now from the JIR site, I found a thoroughly important study on the greatest threat to our ecosystem, none other than the publication of The National Geographic Magazine
as a former bookseller and current librarian, I would like to add that unwanted issues of NG are the bane of our existence!

now back to my real job


No comments: