Saturday, September 17, 2005

Thursday - what I really did

stayed up late on Wednesday with Dennis chatting about the book biz, it's highs and lows, and enjoying a cool clear Oregon fall evening - Thursday we drove around Eugene and Springfield and then I spent some of the afternnon just exploring downtown Springfield - interesting community and quite different from the energetic atmosphere of Eugene - I guess the university makes a huge difference there - Eugene had several interesting bookstores which I intend to explore later - Springfield has an wonderful Public Library - lots of comfortable seating - apparently enough internet terminals - a nice section just for young adults and a huge children's department - the place was quite busy and it was great to see so many folks actually using the library - bought a copy of books at the thrift store (what was I thinking - I'm supposed to be getting rid of books) - then Dennis and I drove up to Corvallis to meet the pirate guys - I got in too late on Wednesday night to meet them in Eugene but Corvallis is only about an hour away - what a sweet town but it needs more bookstores - hmmmm.....

anyway the book signing was at Grass Roots Bookstore, nice place, nice folks, funny pirates - run out an get a copy of Pirattitude and then have the pirate guys come to your town for a book signing - I tried to explain about my trip and how thrilled I was to meet them - got pics taken by their lusty wench and she promised to post them on their website on Friday - they plan on spending Monday at their faorite billiard parlour in Albany and I think I can stick around to see what that might be like

now I have to figure out where to go on Friday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear more of your adventure! Go girl go!! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us all. If you happen to take a wrong turn at Albuquerque and end up in Alabama, look us up!