Sunday, October 31, 2010

interesting stuff.....

“Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.”
- Walter Cronkite

I get behind in my podcasts and forget to stream from my NPR affiliate all the time so I missed Bob Edwards multi-part piece on libraries.  The first week, Bob took on the issues of  change in libraries and the history of libraries.  Next Bob looked at  prison libraries and then tackled alternative sentencing involving libraries. Week three Bob talked to Colorado's own Keith Curry Lance  about school libraries and took a look at  Murray Hill Middle School library. The final episode deals with outsourcing libraries and then censorship in libraries . Bob finished the series by talking with Stephen Chbosky about the censorship of his book  "The perks of being a wallflower". I personally think that one of the greatest things about the good ole USA is free PUBLIC libraries



No comments: