Sunday, October 25, 2009

RIF challenge


one of the current challenges from the Readathon is to post something that appeals to the Reading is Fundamental (RIF) campaign. I treasure this picture of my son Chris (now 25) reading Hop on Pop from our time in Omaha.

Thanks to my friend Debbie I have a copy of One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish that I use with one of my favorite first graders here in Korea. I tell the other teachers that I learned to read courtesy of Dr. Seuss and there is no reason that Korean children can't enjoy him too.

1 comment:

Joy Renee said...

oh I love, love, love Dr. Seuss. I loved learning to read from his books and later I loved reading them aloud to kids I babysat. For the spring Read-a-thon of 2008 I added several Dr Seuss to my selection for the dragging times. This time my library card was tapped out.

Adorable picture. I just love seeing a kid engaged with a book.

Read for joy.