Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bookshelves


An important part of any book lover's home, has to be bookshelves. Thanks to the Steampunk Home blog, I am becoming fascinated with bookshelves that hide rooms. The link to the fascinating company, Hidden Passageway, got me thinking about a remodeling project that I could handle at home. And of course, a Google search brings up not only the necessary instructions, but the use of a Sherlock Holmes tome to reveal the hidden room - I'm in heaven!!

At Yankodesign I saw some fabulous bookcases that are a new take on the old brick and board shelves that I lugged around for years!! That candle is absolutely splendid



then I found some lovely bookshelves for dog lovers
makes me think of that wonderful Grouch Marx quote
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"

Now I think I need to get another dog.......

No comments: